Thursday, October 25, 2007

Racing Anniversary

Countdown to the Start, November 4, 2007: 9 days 16h 57m 19s

So how is the weather looking?
Long term predictions look pretty good. We'll see what happens when we get closer....
Sunday, Nov 4

High: 62 °F RealFeel®: 58 °F
Mostly cloudy and warmer



I skipped the Thursday morning group run today. I feel healthy, but I've had that "after a tough workout" feeling in my legs since my last 20 miler - 10 days ago. Hopefully, two days off in a row will get me back on the taper track. If I had gone out this morning, I would have had to run hard. You just can't let those young whipper-snappers take off on you, or they cop an attitude. I'll go out tomorrow on my own, and run the pace that my body dictates.

I'm signed up for the Poland Spring 5 miler on Sunday. I'll just go easy. OK, I'm not very good at that. I probably shouldn't run it at all, but last year's Poland Spring was my first race ever, and it would be fun to enjoy how much I've improved in a year. Let's see, I ran a 48:50 -- that's a 9:46 pace. That's almost 3 minutes slower than my current PR -- per mile. OK, there. I've enjoyed it. Now I don't have to race...

1 comment:

nyflygirl said...

i'll be there sunday...you can pace me :)