Saturday, October 20, 2007

Anticipation

I just got back from an easy 5 miles in the park.

I went out with me friend TH, and before long Flyer PD spotted us and joined our run. We called out to Crazy Bandana who was going the other way, and ran into Flyer JH and a friend of his at the Engineer's Gate.

There was a lot of talk about the upcoming NYC Marathon, including plenty of advice for the first timer. There were tons of runners in the Park. The weather was beautiful, and the vibe was fantastic.

Tomorrow, I will run in the Flyers "Last 10 Miles" run, which covers the last 10 miles of the NYC Marathon course. I'm really looking forward to it. Running at a comfortable pace, socializing with the Flyers, and dreaming about the race as we run the last 3rd of the course.

Good times.

No comments: