Friday, July 20, 2007

Running Up the Country...


I'm up in Maine for a couple of weeks, trying out the country running. There I am, showing of the latest Flyer gear to the locals.
I've gone on some great runs, and and gorgeous kayak outing (see map).


Tomorrow I'll do my first long run up here - Brunswick to Freeport and back.
Today I scoped out the beginning of the route.
It's mostly on Pleasant Hill Road -- a name that's got to make a runner think twice...

Is "Pleasant" the key word, or is it "Hill"? You decide.

Along the way a bicyclist passed by pulling a trailer. I caught up with him at the top of the next hill (OK, he had stopped for a water break), and we chatted a bit. His name is Larry, and he's headed for Atlanta. I reckin' he's got a ways to go. More impressive is how he got here -- he hiked the Appalachian Trail. That's right, he hiked up, and he's bikin' back. It was a real kick meeting him. Very friendly guy.

No comments: