Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ted Corbitt 15K

The highlight of today's 15K was definitely the appearance of Santa and his Reindeer. Santa (TH), and a herd of Reindeer from the 6AM group put on quite a show. Their race bibs had their names (Donner, Blitzen etc) and the race logo of the New York Rogue Runners. They ran the race in formation -- no small task for a 15K in the park -- and brought much joy. I tried to get some pics, but the iPhone does not do well with moving targets.
Last post, I listed some goals that I set during the year, but two were yet to be met.
Today, I took care of one: a 15K at sub 7 pace. Recent results and a little math made me think it was doable, but thinking and doing are not the same. I started out at 6:43 and 6:47 for the first two miles. The pace wasn't too tough, but 15K is a long way. I had to keep reminding myself not to slack off. I ended up meeting my goal with a PR 1:40:24 (6:55/mile), a satisfying race to close out the year.
Just one goal left -- 2010 miles to ring in the new year. That one is going to go down to the wire....

2 comments:

Robert James Reese said...

Nice work. And, again, good luck with the 2,010.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.