Here's how I did on the goals that I set for the year:
1] Requalify for Boston... in Boston.
- Crushed it. Needed a 3:30:59, but ran a PR 3:20:06.
2] 3:20 Marathon
- Got it. Boston 3:20:06, and again in NYC 3:20:37
3] Sub 7 minute pace Half Marathon
- Success at the Brooklyn Half - 1:30:50 (6:56 pace). There was a time when I couldn't run any race sub 7. Now only my marathon PR is slower.
4] 19 minute 5k
- Came up just short on this one. I ran a 19:06 in Maine and 19:05 in the Percy Hutton 5K in NYC. On the upside, I placed 3rd in my age group in both races.
5] Sub 40 minute 10K.
- Although the running calculators rate this as an easier goal than the 19 minute 5K, I didn't come very close on this one. In fact, my PR from December of 2009 still stands. Something must be done. When's the next 10K?
- Breaking 5:30 at the 5th Avenue Mile. Between running and spectating, this race is always good fun, and feeling good about my time made it that much better.
- Road trip to the National Marathon in D.C. with Tim and Peter. Good friends, good running, good times.