Thursday, December 3, 2009

Counting Miles

I recently read a post by RJR in which he mentioned his goal for yearly milage. I'd always been into tracking my weekly mileage, but RJR's post made me wonder where I stood for the year.

A quick check on my trusty log at RunningAhead.com today showed me at 1851 miles. This puts the 2000 mark well within reach. I wouldn't have to run any more than I have been lately. All I would have to do is not slack off (at all) for the holidays. That will be a bit of a logistical challenge. I hate to get crazy about chasing a milage number, but 2000 is such a nice round number -- I've got to at least try. Right?

Uh oh... I just though of something.... what about.... 2009 miles for year 2009? Or, 2010 miles to ring in the new year? Each year I'd have to run one more mile....



3 comments:

The Laminator said...

Haha...I did the same thing yesterday! I need 100 miles this month to reach 2009 too! Let's make a pact...no slacking until we get there!

It's crazy to me how multiple people in our club reached this goal way back in August and September...

JohnnyGo said...

Alright Lammy, it's a pact!
I'm glad it didn't occur to me back in August though. I would have driven myself crazy...

Robert said...

Nice! Good luck with the 2000. I remember in "Run For Your Life" they mention that Fred Lebow ended up running like 20 miles one New Year's Eve because he was at 1980. (The numbers might be a bit off, but that was the gist of it.)