Saturday, April 24, 2010

Run Faster

Today, I ran for the first time since Boston, and it felt great. I did a nice loop with the Saturday 7AM group, and it seemed like a fresh start.
It's now time to put Boston, and marathon training to bed for a bit, and look forward. Let's review the goals that I set out for 2010:

  1. Re-qualify in Boston (3:30:59) - AG: 65.51 **DONE**
  2. 3:20 Marathon (7:38 pace) - AG: 68.77 % **DONE**
  3. Half Marathon at sub 7 minute pace. (1.31) - AG: 72.67 %
  4. Sub 40 minute 10K. (6:27 pace) - AG: 76.16 %
  5. Sub 19 minute 5K (6:07 pace) - AG: 77.07 %
Taking them in order the Half Marathon is next, and what better excuse to target the Brooklyn Half, which is on May 22. It is very lucky that my training and racing goals are pointing me toward this race, which is one of my all time favorites. All the miles that I've put in for marathon training should set me up well. As I get back into training, I'll shift the focus toward speed work a bit, and I should be in a good position to go for my goal.
If I hit my goal in Brooklyn, I'll gradually target short distances, and increase the focus on speed. The last two goals (10k and 5k) will be tough, but I've got all year, right? I'll just have to run faster.


No comments: