Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ready, Set


Central Park is a runner's paradise. The Cherry trees are blooming, and I'm tapering. That combination makes for some very enjoyable runs.
The weather for the Boston Marathon on Monday looks promising, and I have never felt this prepared. It's going to be a blast.
I ran a full 26.2 with four weeks to go, and 20 miler with two weeks to go. When it was over, I felt fine. No soreness. No exhaustion.
Since then, I've toned it down gradually. I feel more healthy than I ever have.
Unless the weather takes a serious turn for the worse, it looks like I'll be really going for it on Monday. Of course, there's a good chance that I'll crash and burn, but for some reason, that prospect doesn't bother me.
I'm looking forward to seeing my sister and her family in Boston, and my parents will be there as well. After the race, there will be a get together of Flyers. It's going to be a fun trip.

4 comments:

Saul said...

Good luck!

Looking forward to seeing you Monday.

bookitjvb said...

Good luck!!!!

jb24 said...

Good luck John - I know you'll have a great race. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

The Laminator said...

Congrats John for having such a great training season. Boston awaits. You will do great! Can't wait to hear the full report. Knock 'em dead!