Friday, October 30, 2009

Taper Madness

With the NYC Marathon 2 days away, I seem to be losing my mind.
Signs that I am suffering from "taper madness":
  1. I can't walk down the street without feeling that I am going to step off a curb and sprain an ankle at any moment.
  2. I worry about both not getting enough rest and getting out of shape. Yes, I can do both at once.
  3. When a friend asked about going for a short run tomorrow, I responded that if I ran at all, it would just be to the Marathon starting line and back. She responded that she hoped I meant to the finish line and back (3 miles), not to the start and back (~40 miles).
  4. I found this video of Anthony Edwards about running the marathon to be very funny. (FYI, Edward is actually planning to run).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!