Sunday, October 18, 2009

14 days

The NYC Marathon is 14 days out. Time to look back at my training and see were I stand in comparison to previous years.

Mileage
Of the last 10 weeks, 8 have been over 50 miles. There were two down weeks, when I was nursing an irritated calf, but other than that, the milage was consistent.

During the comparable weeks in 2007 and 2008, I broke 40 miles only 4 times.

Long Runs
This year: 10 runs of 16 miles or more, maxing at 22.
In 2007, I had only 6, maxing at 20.
In 2008, only 3 runs of 16 miles or more.

Speed Work
This year, I cut back on speed work as the marathon date approached. I have kept up the tempo runs though, and they are faster and longer than in previous years.

No question, I'm in better shape for this marathon that I have ever been. All I have to do is get through the next two weeks without messing up, and it should be a fun race.

I can't wait.

1 comment:

Robert James Reese said...

Sounds like you're well prepared. Good luck.