Monday, August 10, 2009

Wrap up

(Maquoit Bay -- taken during last weekend's 17 miler)

I have been neglecting the blog while on my "Running Retreat" for the past few weeks, so here a quick wrap up. (I returned to NYC on Sunday).

I raced a 5K in Portsmouth, N.H. with a few work mates. (Company HQ is in Portsmouth). My predicted time was "just under 20", and I came in at 19:59. No joke.

I knew three other people in the race. We each placed 6th in our respective age/gender groups. Now that's just weird.

I took advantage of the cool Maine mornings to ramp up my weekly mileage. I'm running 50 mile weeks now, which is more than in previous years .

Each Saturday, I ran long: 15, 13 and 17 miles. The long runs felt good -- much less painful then in previous years. Part of this (I think) is because the long runs are a smaller percentage of my weekly miles. I may be getting the hang of this....

No comments: