Friday, November 21, 2008

Spy Belt

At the NYC Marathon expo this year, my friend Tim found a great new product called the Spibelt (pronouced "Spy Belt"). It is a small pouch on an elastic belt that serves as a race belt and a pocket to store some Small Personal Items (the SPI in SPIbelt).  

For some time, I've been running with just an apartment key and a $20 bill. I have a Road ID on my shoe, so my minimum needs are covered.

Still, I would prefer to have a cell phone with me, but I hate to have it bouncing around while I run.  The Spibelt somehow holds my cell without any bouncing or chaffing.  I wore it in the marathon and literally forgot it was there. 

The Spibelt also serves as a "race belt" with clips to hold a race bib. Last weekend I found myself at a race about to suffer with two common cold weather problems; my fingers were too cold to manipulate the safety pins, and I wasn't sure whether to pin the bib to my outer or inner shirt. 

My problems were solved when I realized that I was wearing my Spibelt, which
 comes equipped with clips for a race bib. I slipped the bib onto the belt with ease, and left the decision about which shirt to wear for later.  Good times...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.