Saturday, November 15, 2008

Company Run

This spring, I joined a young company as employee number four. We now have a few more folks on board, but we are still very small.

The "home office" is in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, so I occasionally go up there for face to face time.  I started a 
"tradition" with one of my coworkers that lives in Portsmouth of going for early morning runs when I'm in town. Portsmouth is a great place to run, with beautiful coastal sunrises to en
joy. 

On my last trip (last week), a couple of the other folks got tired of hearing about how nice our runs were, and they decided to join us. They are both in great shape (a swimmer and a biker), but they don't usually run. 

And so I found myself at 5:3
0 AM on Wednesday, out on a 6 mile run with employees 1-4 of our company. 

The run was a great success, and as far as I could tell, fun was had by all. That night, we had a company dinner, with spouses and kids. I couldn't help but notice several more runners in the group. 

Who knows, we may have a regular running group. We'll see.  It certainly looks like my job is not going to interfere with my running addiction, and that is a very good thing in my book.

No comments: