Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fred Lebow 5 Miler

After Thursday night's problems, I wasn't sure if I would be able to run on Saturday. I decided to go out and just jog the course if I wasn't feeling strong.

I woke up feeling unexpectedly well, however, and the jog out to the start felt good, so I decided to go ahead and give it a try.

I lined up at the 7 minute mile pace sign (my PR was a 6:56 pace). From there I spotted RB, J-CK among others. I started off with a sub 7 mile, and I felt fine, so I decide to continue to push. In the second mile RB came up and said "wow, if I'm running with you, I must be having a good race!" (yeah, right) I replied that I thought he was running past me, not with me, and indeed he soon moved on. RB has been really moving at speed work these days, but he was looking even faster than expected.

I kept the sub 7 minute miles going, and ended up with a PR 33:52 (6:46/mile), but the real news was RB. He PRed as well, beating his previous best from 10 years ago. Now that rocks.

Although I PRed, I'm still pursuing my goal of 70%AG. This race I matched my last race with 69.7%. That last 0.3% is tough, but I'll get it soon!

3 comments:

nyflygirl said...

i'll ask you the same thing I just asked RB...what kind of kool-aid have you been drinking? :)

(and can i have some too?)

congrats on your PR!

runner26 said...

Awesome!! I spotted you cruising down the west side. I would've yelled out but you were too fast ;) Nice race!! (and yeah, can I have some kool-aid, too???)

Trakmaniak said...

in due time...in due time...you will reach your goal...it's amazing that you can go from down and out to blazin...that's amazing!

congrats...you looked great out there!