Friday, December 7, 2007

Feelin' the Need For Speed

Had a great run yesterday morning. I met up with new Flyer CC at 96th in the wee hours and ran down to 72nd to meet the Flyer morning group at 6AM. Did the loop with the Flyers, and ran home. CC had been talking about taking the train home, but ended up joining me for the run home. Train? Ha!

For me it was close to 10 miles, and it felt good. I think I have finally fully recovered from the abuse my legs took in the marathon. I'm feeling ready to start pushing the speed for the upcoming races (woo hoo!).

Another nice boost was an email thread that went around the old Flyer's Team Black, from last June's Need For Speed 50 mile relay race. One member pointed out that early registration was open, and within hours all eight members had responded that they were up for another go. I had a blast last time, and I can't think of much I'd rather do than attack that course again with these folks.

It was actually reading blog entries from nyflygirl (team Black) and trakmaniak (team Red) on Need For Speed that inspired me to start this blog.

No comments: