Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bean Town

I was at a family gathering in Cambridge Mass this weekend when I got an email from AH. I'm afraid I confused my family a good bit when I blurted out the subject of the email -- "Boston is closed". They must have thought it was a terrorist attack.
Fortunately they didn't berate me too much when I explained that I just meant that the Boston Marathon was no longer taking applications for 2010.
I put my application in right after the NYC Marathon, but I hadn't heard back, and it sounded like they might be full. They had said that they wouldn't confirm until my qualifying results were made official, so I knew it might be a while.
Well, NYC Marathon results went official today, and I got the email from Boston immediately. Nice.


114th Boston Marathon

Dear John Whitfield,

This is to notify you that your entry into the 114th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 19, 2010 has been accepted

3 comments:

ShoreTurtle said...

Congrats!

The Laminator said...

Awesome! Boston '10 here you come!

Robert said...

Good thing you didn't procrastinate!