Saturday, July 7, 2007

Fun at Rockefeller


Today was the first long run of the Flyers NY Marathon training program. The site was Rockefeller State Park Preserve, a runner's paradise. My son and I drove up with TH and his family, and while the dad's ran, the rest of the gang frolicked in the park.
The run was ideal - great views, wonderful paths, and good company. I was also a good workout - just under 11 miles with lots of hills.
I am really grateful to GW and JW, who organized the run and researched the routes - one 8 mile and one 11 mile. I would never have ventured out to Rockefeller on my own.
There was a strong Flyer turnout, and a good time was had by all.
After the run, the kids showed us a vine they had found for swinging, and insisted that the dads give it a try. Yes, that's me in the picture, going for a post run swing (photo by 7 year old George).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,

Rockefeller park seems like a great place to run/swing. Keep up the training.

-Andy B