Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Back in the Saddle

I took two days off after the NYC Half, one day to rest, and one because I couldn't get the time away from work and family. Today, I managed to slip in a quick 4 miles on the treadmill and it felt great. I was really afraid that another day would pass with no running, so even a short run boosted my spirits.

The other nice thing was that going to the health club means an official weigh in -- and the pounds are still coming off. I don't own a scale, which saves me from checking my weight every day and freaking out about meaningless fluctuations. I just weigh myself 2 or 3 times a month at the health club on one of those nice professional scales - you know, the ones with the sliding weights.

Starting next week, my schedule will return to "normal" and I will be able to run in the morning again. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to that. It will be great to see the morning Flyers again, and to not have to worry about how I will get my miles in each week.

I've read some great race reports from the NYC Half including Flyer Crazy Bandana and another local runner Harlem 26.2, who points out something interesting about this picture of the start.

Can you pick out the male and female winners? Something sets them apart from the other elite runners in the photo. I know, some of you will say "their names - duh!" But check out Harlem 26.2 if you want to know what caught his eye.

1 comment:

Trakmaniak said...

Damn...you guys are awefully good at picking up observations like that. I would have said the singlets that they had been wearing...everyone else is wearing blue and they are wearing other colors. But after looking at it intensely, I did notice the watch effort...

you guys have the eye...